A taste of Hollywood comes to Taste of Arcadia on Sept. 23, 2013, with a first-ever Red Carpet Experience presented by Printing Control (New Arcadia Chamber of Commerce Member of the Year) and The Executive Factor (2011-12 New Member of the Year).
All attendees are invited to walk the red carpet like a star at a movie premiere. Pose for photos with family and friends, by yourself, or with any of the Taste “glitterati.” Among the entertainers and visitors who will be walking the red carpet at various times and willing to take photos with attendees:
- Peter “King of Cuisine” Dills: official celebrity ambassador of Taste of Arcadia, and host of “Dining with Dills” on KABC-AM 790 TalkRadio will also be happy to greet visitors at his booth in the Monday Night Football Lounge presented by T.G. Metzger State Farm Insurance.
- Arcadia Mayor Mickey Segal: one of the Culinary Contest judges last year is back this year as Mayor of the City of Arcadia.
- Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez
- Assembly Member Ed Chau
- Daniela Brazil and Oya Brazil Samba Show dancers: The popular trio of Brazilian dancers dressed in little else besides extravagant colored feathers will pose with attendees on the entry Red Carpet Experience from about 6:30 until 7, and then lead everyone up to the opening of the Red Carpet Experience in the Monday Night Football Lounge before performing on the dance floor in The Roost from 7:30 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Lynda Kay: Critically-acclaimed singer who will also meet attendees at the Classic Car Show presented by Wayne Williams and Professional Advisory Services.
- Filmmaker Adam Ravetch: Emmy-winning documentarian whose latest movie “Polar Bears: Ice Bear” premieres on Blu-ray in October will also be happy to greet visitors at his booth promoting the non-profit Arctic Exploration Fund.
As each of the 1,000 attendees arrive at the main walk-in entry point of the event in the Los Angeles County Arboretum at 301 N. Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, they will be invited to walk the Red Carpet Experience. Those who choose to pose for the paparrazi and provide their e-mail address will be sent a link to a free copy of the official Red Carpet Experience photo.
The Red Carpet Experience will be open for taking photos and observing Taste photo subjects during the entire 3 1/2-hour event, with the Red Carpet Experience at the entry being available from 5:30 p.m. until dusk at about 7 p.m. The Red Carpet Experience will then shift to the heart of the venue in the Monday Night Football Lounge area west of the Bauer Fountain, another first for Taste of Arcadia.
The Arcadia Chamber of Commerce’s annual Taste of Arcadia and Business Showcase at the Taste is held from 5:30 p.m. – 9 p.m. Tickets are $60 in advance and $70 at the gate — Chamber members get a $10 discount on each ticket — and may be puchased online here, by phone: 626-447-2159; or in person during business hours through 4 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at 388 W. Huntington Drive, Arcadia.
More fascinating people who will be seen and available for photos on the Red Carpet Experience:
- Christian Perry & Havin’ a Ball dancers: “Dancing with the Stars” choreographer and owner of Havin’ a Ball Dance Studio at Westfield Santa Anita mall and his instructors and ballroom dancers will be available between performances on the dance floor in front of the live band stage sponsored by the City of Arcadia’s Shop Arcadia and Arcadia Transit in The Roost area sponsored byDolphin Event Rentals.
- Jay Johnstone: Former Dodgers player who will also chat with attendees at his SporThings silent auction tables of collectible sports, celebrity, and political souvenirs.
- Alejandro Alcondez: actor-star of many Mexican movies including “Cielito Lindo.”
- Lounge-O-Rama: Band leader Patrick Olguin and band members will be available during at the Red Carpet Experience for a few minutes between 7:30 – 8 p.m.