Options for Learning is hiring!
Apply NOW for a rewarding and gratifying job at Senior Helpers as a caregiver where you can make a difference in someone’s life!
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Personal care, transfers (heavy lifting), companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping, medical reminders, and safety supervision.
Required for employment:
-California driver’s license
Call our local office at 626-446-8000 for more information.
Apply online today: http://ow.ly/IJvX30h3xLy
Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager
Department: Fund Development
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Classification: Full-Time Regular/Benefits Eligible
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Los Angeles Arboretum Foundation is the nonprofit partner of the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden, a 127-acre public garden and historic site in Arcadia, CA. Established in 1948, the Arboretum is an invaluable natural and horticultural resource with over 10,000 species of plants. Attracting over 400,000 annual visitors, the Arboretum is home to visual and performing arts, the region’s only fully public botanic library, and historic architecture that includes four landmark buildings. A leader in sustainable gardening education, the Arboretum offers education programs for visitors of all ages, including youth education programming serving 16,000 annually.
If you are a qualified candidate looking to join a vibrant and growing organization, work in an inspiring and beautiful garden setting, and join a team of mission-focused colleagues, the Arboretum may be for you.
The Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for:
- Developing, managing and implementing corporate, government, business, and foundation strategies to meet or exceed budget goals and expand public support of the Arboretum Foundation to achieve the Arboretum’s mission.
- Management of the Foundation’s grant seeking program, including grant research, development of letters of inquiry and proposals, grant reporting, and managing the grant calendar to ensure steady growth over time.
- Developing new and stewarding existing corporate/business relationships for sponsorship support including community engagement to identify new funders/partners, provide engagement opportunities to renew sponsors, and ensure sponsor benefits are received.
- Develop and implement comprehensive, long- and short-term development plans to strengthen financial support and ensure the Arboretum is positioned to implement its mission and goals.
- Develop effective working relationships with foundation staff to develop specific proposals for their consideration and improve opportunity for funding.
- Develop and implement a planned approach to research and identify prospective corporate partnerships and stewards those relationships.
- Develop and track revenue/expense budgets for corporate and foundation giving and provide projections.
- Manage the annual grants calendar and be responsible for the on-time submission of applications and evaluation reports.
- Prepare compelling donor correspondence including letters of intent, proposals, sponsorship collateral, reports, letters and emails.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in donor database.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, public relations, journalism, communications or related discipline and a minimum of three years of experience with successful outcomes in corporate and foundation relations or in increasingly responsible development positions.
- Strong personal computer skills including desktop publishing, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Very effective oral and written communications skills; ability to see the big picture while paying exceptional attention to detail
- Initiative and a strong work ethic, with the ability to prioritize and work independently to meet competing deadlines without reminders
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills and the demonstrated ability to develop long-term relationships with donors, volunteers, and colleagues
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with strong analytical skills to make sound business decisions
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sylvia.Rosenberger@Arboretum.org. Please include “CORPORATE & FOUNDATION RELATIONS MANAGER POSITION” in the subject line.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and applications will be reviewed upon receipt. No phone calls please. The Los Angeles Arboretum Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more about the Arboretum visit www.Arboretum.org.
Job opportunities provided by our Chamber members and the City of Arcadia. Please click on each link for more information.
City of Arcadia: Law Enforcement Recruit (pre services)
City of Arcadia: Library Media Center Assistant
City of Arcadia: Police Officer (lateral)
Arcadia Unified School District: Advanced Maintenance Tech
Arcadia Unified School District: Campus Security Assistant
Methodist Hospital of Southern California
Manager of Community Outreach
The Community Outreach Manager (COM) is responsible for providing leadership and support to various Community Outreach (CO) programs and partners. The COM will serve as a resource, utilizing knowledge of community health challenges and initiatives. The COM will also help establish and oversee protocols to facilitate community outreach events and activities, while coordinating the work of CO Resource Nurses (CORN) and going to various community events. S/He will supervise the Senior Services Program, Outpatient Diabetes and Nutrition Services, Outpatient Lactation Services, and the Maternal Child Health Education Program. The COM will remain highly visible in the community, and play an integral role in facilitating outreach initiatives through program development, networking, partnerships, and participation in community coalitions.
- Ability to effectively lead meetings and make public presentations
- Broad base of experience in healthcare and/or public health
- Embraces the philosophy of holistic health
- Established history of developing, maintaining, and growing strong community partnerships
- Experience supervising others
- Experience with a variety of community health outreach efforts
- High sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Knowledge of legal requirements and standards of care in community health
- Self-motivated; able to work independently
- Strong community program development and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to work flexible hours to network and attend events
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese both spoken and written
Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
To Apply Now Go To:
Arcadia Unified School District: Interpreters – Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Vietnamese
Santa Anita Park: Armed Security Officer
Methodist Hospital: Floor Care Tech
Methodist Hospital: Housekeeping
Methodist Hospital: Medical Assistant – Colorectal Surgery Institute Unit
Methodist Hospital: Medical Social Worker – Case Management Social Services
Methodist Hospital: Medical Biller – Patient Financial Service
Methodist Hospital: Patient Accounts Rep
Methodist Hospital: Patient Transporter
Methodist Hospital: Radiology Technologist
Methodist Hospital: Respiratory Therapy
Methodist Hospital: Physical Therapy Rehabilitation
Right at Home: Homemaker/Companion
Right at Home: Personal Care Assistant/Assistant Nurse
To post a job on this page, please email us at info@ArcadiaCaChamber.org. You must be a current member of the Arcadia Chamber of Commerce to post.