The Foothill Workforce Development Board (FWDB) serves employers and job seekers in the San Gabriel Valley, by making investments in workplace skills development and job-specific training to help workers gain skills or obtain education and credentials that employers value. In turn, we build relationships with businesses to understand their hiring needs and match qualified workers. We maintain close relationships with schools and colleges to communicate the skills that are needed in the labor market. Ultimately, we support the economy in our region by making sure businesses have access to qualified, employable talent and are able to compete successfully.
Our 32-member board is comprised of business owners, corporate executives, local educational organizations, labor unions, economic development agencies, government entities and community based organizations. FWDB oversees the implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program and other workforce development programs. FWDB is located at 1207 E. Green Street, Pasadena, CA 91106, and is funded through the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
The mission of the Foothill Workforce Development Board is to support economic growth in the San Gabriel Valley by investing in skills development and job training to ensure that businesses have qualified workforce talent and job seekers have career opportunities.
The FWDB guiding principles are:
- Building a strong system that will support economic development and will lead to good, living wage jobs for all;
- Providing opportunities for lifelong learning for the purpose of career advancement;
- Preparing a workforce that meets the changing needs of employers and helps businesses remain competitive;
- Building a cohesive, flexible, and responsive system which strives for continuous improvement;
- Promoting future independence and individual accountability of our customers;
- Integrating partner organizations into the delivery system to provide full employment and on-going support for job seekers and employers.
The FWDB is one of seven workforce development boards in the Los Angeles area, serving the communities of Arcadia; Duarte; Monrovia; Pasadena; Sierra Madre; and South Pasadena.