We Provide Certificates of Origin
The Arcadia Chamber of Commerce provides Certificates of Origin as a community business service. For members, there is no charge. For non-members, there is a $50 fee per stamp/per page.
The Chamber will provide a stamp indicating that to the best of its knowledge and belief, based solely on the exporter’s affidavit/certificate of origin and not on the basis of independent verification, that the goods described in the affidavit and/or invoice are products of the United States of America.
The Chamber assumes no responsibility beyond obtaining the sworn statements in the affidavit/certificate of origin. It makes no warranty, expressed or implied, concerning the goods, affidavit, or any documents relating thereto, and assumes no responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any statements contained in said affidavit, certificate of origin, or any of the documents mentioned therein.
Requirements for Certificate of Origin
Please bring with you:
- Completed Certificate of Origin form.
- A copy of your company’s current Business License.
- Your valid California Driver’s License or California Identification.
- A letter on your company letterhead/company form stating products in your shipments are made in the United States.
If raw material has been changed in some way, it is considered U. S. origin.
- Dated invoice or packing list for this shipment that identifies the seller, the buyer and describes the goods, including specific price.
- Bill of lading showing where merchandise originated.
By sea: U.S. Customs public information: (562) 366-5454, 366-5600
By air: LAX Cargo Operations for CBP (310) 215-2618
Other info on Certificates of Origin can be found here – https://www.export.gov/article?id=Certificates-of-Origin
Please note: Some countries (i.e., numerous Middle Eastern countries) require that Certificates of Origin be notarized, certified by local chamber of commerce and legalized by the commercial section of the consulate of the destination country. For certain Middle Eastern countries,the National U.S.-Arab Chamber of Commerce may also provide such services. The Arcadia Chamber of Commerce, at this time, only provides Chamber certification. Notary and other legalization cannot be obtained at this Chamber.